Thursday, February 26, 2004

Passion

I saw Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ yesterday afternoon with extended family and friends. I highly recommend it. It was not totally what I was expecting, but maybe that's because I've used (and continue to use) my own imagination to illustrate the life and death of Christ. I experienced many emotions through out the movie, but they were not jumbled and mixed. I could specifically identify the source of the emotion and to what it corresponded to on screen. By the end I was filled with a strong sense of peace and hope, knowing the security of my position before God as a result of Jesus' selfless and unjust suffering and death. The Passion of the Christ is an experience that you cannot be a part of without it affecting you. I want to own the DVD but I know I won't be watching it excessively. Not only is it difficult to watch, but also I don't want to detract from the seriousness and gravity of the event by letting it become overly-familiar. I hate writing about it because I can't seem to say everything exactly how I want to. Go see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home