Wednesday, February 18, 2004

ARC

I awoke to my alarm at 5 AM and forced myself to get out of bed. After weeks of hectic schedules, Karen and I finally made it to the ARC (gym) this morning. I asked her to go with me because she's a veteran gym-goer and this morning was the first time I had ever set foot in the place. For some reason I've had gym-phobia. The entire time I've been here at school I've had free access to the ARC and yet never went. Of course now that I've gone I can't believe how ridiculous I was. I'm going to go as often as I can! Karen gave me a wonderful tour of the place and showed me how to use all the machines. We ran a mile (well... my time was a pathetic 14 minutes because I started out walking) and did a 30 min. work out on these elliptical, stair-step type things. Then we did a few of the weight machines. I brought clothes to change into but I didn't want to get too sweaty because I didn't bring any shower stuff. I left after an hour and a half because I was starving (I didn't eat before.) She stayed and kept going! It was really fun and I can't believe it's taken me this long to go. Current mood: energized Current music: GTOTD: Karen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home