Thursday, February 05, 2004

A gold star goes to Tim for correctly identifying both the songs from both bands I managed to superimpose in my brain. No wonder I couldn't decide which band played the song that was in my head, because there were really two songs! I think the music was mostly the Remedy song and then since I was unsure on the lyrics, I used some from DC Talk. What had happened was that I had a certain chord progression stuck in my head, and then got parts of two songs where they have identical progression. FOR example... "this kiss this kiiiiiiss / it's unsinkable" (sung by someone I'm sure you know, but I don't) and then the "I want to shiiiiiiiine" from Todd and Benji. Figuring out what my own brain is doing is hard enough sometimes, let alone trying to understand how other people think and process things! Don't we have a complex Creator? That's why you can't go to the library and check out the complete book how the body works. Just one system alone would require rooms of books describing in exhausting detail all the components, functions, regulatory pathways, molecular mechanisms, etc. If man knew everything there was to know about the human body we'd be switching heads and bodies and organs around like Lego people. Fortunately for us, we don't know everything and that is what makes life so enjoyable and such an unpredictable experience. I don't think we'd be any happier switching heads every other day even if it was (HA!) possible. Can you imagine the difficulty we'd have trying to "find" ourselves? "Yeah I need to take a break from this relationship. I don't really know who I am. I might really be in the left leg I wore last week, but I can't remember what I did with it. I think my cousin has it now." Or maybe we wouldn't even feel a need to "find" ourselves because our parents would have been rearranging us since birth. Or maybe, we wouldn't have true parents because human-components would be made in a wherehouse and when you wanted a "child" you could go put one together, like Build-A-Bear. God certainly didn't have to make us complex (a lot of the things He created aren't complex at all) but we were made in His image. Our complexity reflects the complexity of everything He is. I think that's awesome. I'm reminded of the word "manifold" in Eph. 3:10 and how it's descriptive of God's character. Here's a helpful place. Current mood: relaxed Current music: "Deep center rest, my child..." by One Remedy. =) GTOTD: I got a solid B on my first midterm and did far better than I had imagined on the brain labeling section of the exam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home