Saturday, February 07, 2004

You'll never guess what I saw at daycare yesterday afternoon. Are you ready? Have your guess? WRONG. A 3-legged dog. One of the kids ran by announcing, "Sam's 3-legged dog is here!" I think this got my attention even more so than that of the other kids! Sure enough, Sam's mom had brought their little terrier mix (about the size of a beagle) to school to show the kids. They had just adopted him from the animal shelter. He had been hit by a car and the shelter removed the right front leg completely (just like Jax's left front) before putting him up for adoption. His fur wasn't quite all the way grown back. It was really encouraging to see a dog in a similar condition enjoying life and getting around! Plus, I now have a better idea of what Jackson looks like. Here's a quote I found in Oscar Wilde's Lord Arthur Savile's Crime: "No, I am not at all cynical, I have merely got experience, which, however, is very much the same thing." ~ Lady Windermere Today is a study day. I already blew half of it trying to work out my Nextel problem. End of the story: I have a new phone, same model, same number. Something was wrong with the circuitry boards in my old phone that didn't allow it to connect to the network. So, new phone for me! On to make muscle flashcards. Current mood: mellow Current music: n/a GTOTD: Derrick of Nextel and his expertise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home