Tuesday, April 06, 2004

ah HAH

Welcome to a session of beck's nit-picking. I found an incongruity in professor Wright's lecture this morning. She explained to the class about realities and how everyone has a different reality. Reality is perceived to be different by different people. For example, what is real for me cannot be experienced by someone else because they have their own reality and perceive it differently. Then, during one of the examples (dressing up criminals to create a social perception) she made the comment that in regard to rape, "a verbal no always means no." Oh really? What if the rapeist decides that in his reality he perceives a verbal no to mean "yes" or even "the car my aunt drives looks like a boat"? I know this is stretching it, but I'm just continuing her logic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home