Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Study day

"... the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body." Ecclesiastes 12:12 True. SO true. Today I studied for more than most of the day. Surprisingly enough I actually accomplished my goal for today so that's good! Of course I always want to do a little more, but I'm going to call it quits and head to bed. I really want a nice computer/desk chair. SITTING ALL DAY HURTS MY BUTT! I have to keep changing positions or walk around for a couple minutes. Of course I won't get to do anything more than sit bolt upright at the awful public library that I'll go to tomorrow. The security guy (yeah! in a library!) actually came over and told me that I'm not allowed to put my feet up on the chairs (I had kicked off my flip-flops and tucked one foot under me.) I was shocked that he was saying this to me - it was so ridiculous I actually asked him to repeat it because I wasn't sure he was serious. Unbelievable. The library has a lot of younger kids and high schoolers hang out there after school and there are signs in the bathrooms saying it's illegal to change clothes, shave, sleep, etc. in the library. But jeez. Just kick people out and tell them they're never welcome back unless they can follow the rules. Hiring a security guy who stalks around and polices the area is really pointless. Say what you mean, enforce it and accept nothing less. I am NOT an unreasonable library patron! Leave me alone! Methyl is sporting some UN-natural highlights. I took a green highlighter to her ear hair since she insisted on laying down in the middle of all my papers and flicking her tail carelessly at me when I told her to move. She's an American Curl (my aunt founded the breed) and her ear hair sticks out more than most cats. =) Here are some American Curl pictures. What shocked me was the striking similarity between Methyl and "Destiny" (scroll down, picture on the right.) I swear they could be sisters, and it's quite possible they could be (my aunt has sent cats all over the world) but I kind of doubt it. One of my biology textbooks referenced American Curls (and even mentioned the origin of the breed!) because of the genetics. This is a more complete website with LOTS of really good photos (note my aunt in the history section!) One of Methyl's sister's named Whisper went on to be an award-winning show cat and has had a few litters. Strangely enough Jimmy's TV, that I thought was black and white all this time, suddenly started regaining color. It was bizarre. It's still not what I'd call FULL color but I slowly was aware that colors actually looked reddish or blueish instead of grayscale. Totally strange. I have no idea why it's doing this. Different channels seem to show variations in color intensity. What even makes TV's color? I have no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home